You can download test-version YSFLIGHT and Scenery Editor.
Since these files are test version, these haven't gone through
pre-release test which I run before releasing an official version.
If you would like to use a stable official version, please download
YSFLIGHT from here.
By the way, I really truly absolutely didn't run pre-release test
at all for this test version at this time. Usually I pick a few
test items and try them before rolling out a test version, but this time
I haven't. All I did was I took off and made one traffic pattern
with F-18E. I suppose you will see a lot of bugs in this test
version. I appreciate your report so that I can fix them.
When you report me a problem, please describe the situation as much
detailed as possible. Please include at least in what operating
system you are running the program, and in Windows which executable
you are using, and if the problem is specific to a particular airplane
or scenery, please include them. If a problem is associated with
a specific add-on, please let me know where I can download it from as
Thank you for your help!
for Intel Mac OSX
(Including YSFLIGHT for Linux)
for Linux 32-bit & 64-bit (Tested on Ubuntu 14 on
Sound DLL Sample Source Files
[Sound DLL Source] (2012/02/19)
Voice DLL Source File Skeleton
[Voice DLL Skeleton Source] (2012/02/25)
[Practice IFR Appoach in
- Config: Draw runway lights during the day "only if the
visibility is less than XX miles"
- Draws flare and black smoke with particles.
- Draws clouds with particles in YSFLIGHT on OpenGL 1.x and
- Vary point size for aircraft lights depend on the window size
(it was fixed 3 pixels.)
- I forgot copying sound DLLs for Linux. Now it is in.
- Sorry, I haven't been able to address all the bug reporst.
I'll try to get them done in the next update.
- Sorry, Shadow-Map was off in the package I uploaded yesterday.
It takes too much time for pre-releaste test. So, I have
been trying to automate some of them. In the process, I
accidentally disabled the shadow map. The new package
re-enables the shadow map.
- Console Server for macOS
- Maps are now drawn with depth-test turned on. I think
elevated maps are drawn correctly.
- Multi-Language Input. Except Linux.
- Calculate transformation matrices in CPU in double precision.
This substantially reduces the shaking effect when the view point
is far away from the origin without much performance penalty.
By the way, in early days, a major misunderstanding was that the
matrix calculation was taking much of the computation in graphics.
It was wrong. Z-Buffering was the major headache around 1990
- YSFLIGHT on OpenGL 2.x uses shadow-mapping to draw shadow.
Now aircrafts and ground objects cast shadow nicely. By the
way, in the process of implementing, I have tried
Cascaded Shadow Map, which turned out to be utterly useless.
Most of, probably more than 99%, of the recent graphics techniques
cannot be used in the scene which covers 20 miles square. I
ended up coming up with my ad-hoc shadow-volume calculation, which
I think worked out well.
- Start-Position search box in the new-flight dialog.